Enforcing Home-field Advantage and Keeping the Winning Tradition Alive

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Great New York Subway Race is Back On!

For the last 5 games, Yankee Stadium has been without one of its prime mainstays of the last 20 years.

No, I'm not referring to Andy Pettitte, but rather, the Great New York Subway Race. For years, this non-interactive, and non-eventful hypothetical race between the local B train, the Express D (which runs on the same track as the B, just with less stops) and the Express 4 train has filled our 4th innings with indifference and background noise on our way to the restrooms.

Not me of course, I pull for the underdog B train with violent fervor. Accusing the 4 train of steroid abuse is always a nice touch, but its B or bust, and anyone who thinks otherwise is more than welcome to challenge me to a war of words, (if anything to spice up the 4th inning).

Now, how shocked was I when I saw THIS on opening day:
Road Gray v. Pinstripe v. Midnight Blue.

Come again?!

Thankfully, starting tonight this injustice will have been resolved (tonight I actually had planned to blog my outrage, guess I'll have to focus on coming up with a name for our 3 headed bullpen of Joba/Soriano/Rivera) .

But on another note, who else was hoping this issue was going to be resolved not by fixing the scoreboard, but rather by renaming the trains themselves? Road Gray is easy, but how about Pinstriping some trains Mayor Bloomberg! Paint the 4 train, located on the green line, Yankee blue, really mess with everyone in the world who isn't color blind like I am.

Game 3 against Minnesota tonight, see you at the game.

Go B Train!

No comments:

Post a Comment