Enforcing Home-field Advantage and Keeping the Winning Tradition Alive

Monday, September 26, 2011

Admiration for Papi, Laughs at Crawford, and Aviles' Language

After the two games worth of heckling on Saturday and the late Sunday game, here's my wrapup:

Ortiz: I'm sorry, but I like David. He's always smiling, and chatting with nearby fans in the on-deck circle. He gave a pair of batting gloves to a kid wearing all Yankees attire. Some girls were shouting in Spanish toward him and he turned around and flashed a big smile and made motion to the field saying "Ladies please, this is a big at bat, I'll get you back later". He may have inherited the mantle from Manny for boo birds across the stadium when he steps into the box, but he's a class act in my book. I killed him with kindness. 0-10 in the two games.

Pedroia: I can't resist yelling at him, but he always seems to shrug me off and excel on the field. Sections 22 and 24 gave him a nice rendition of "Baby baby" after we wondered allowed if he was really Justin Bieber. 4-10 in the two games, but no XBH or RBI.

J.D Drew: A surprise visit from my old pal J.D! J.D "Nancy" Drew got a rousing call to solve the mystery of where he's been all season. After Nancy went 1-5 in the game, dropping his average to .219, he was lifted for Darnell McDonald. Great signing Theo.

Mike Aviles: I didn't pick on Aviles, but someone a few rows away was riding him in Spanish the whole game. Apparently it got to him because after Aviles flew out in the 13th, he turned before going into the clubhouse and said to the guy "You're still a piece of shit." First time I've ever heard a player curse out a fan (I was cursed out by Ozzie Guillen last season for telling him to put a uniform on). 

Lars Anderson: "62! Who are you!" 0-2 with 1 K. 8 pitches seen.

Carl Crawford: The guy has had a hard year. I read his blog on ESPN, I'm aware of his struggles. So why not highlight them for the $170m bust. Saturday after his 2 run error he was irked by calls of "Gold Glove", and then Sunday night he was "Fan Favorite". 2-11, 1 CS, 1 E.

Meaningless games in the Bronx that Joe treated as such (not pinch hitting for Romine with the bases loaded with A-Rod, Martin, Jeter, Jones, Chavez available. What he should've done though was pinch hit A-Rod for Romine to get the IBB and then pinch run, allowing Posada to pinch hit for Romine and then catch the 9th. That being said, without Youk and Bucholz, I can't see Boston making any noise in the playoffs even if they make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment